Thursday, March 18, 2010

Saturday Adventure

Saturday, March 6th is where our story continues. It was a laid back day and the weather was really nice, which made it even better. I worked on my character profile for Jake for most of the morning. I went through the gospels and tried to find information on Judas. There really isn’t much about him, but I did find some very interesting things out about him. In Luke 22:3 it says: “Then Satan entered Judas” and in John 13:2 it says: “the devil had already prompted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus.” The verses made me start to think about whether Judas had a choice in whether or not he betrayed Jesus? Was it freewill or predestination? Was Judas really that bad of a guy? I’m sure that one of my more theological friends has a better answer, but it just made me realize how we need to guard our hearts because all sorts of stuff can slip in. Judas opened himself up to greed and eventually it brought him to suicide.

After working on homework, I decided to head up to Wesley and I got on the Internet while I waited for it to be time for Hannah’s show. I met up with three ASCers, Carissa, Andrea, and Kristen who also came to see the show. Hannah is one of the third year drama students at Wesley. She wrote, directed, and designed her show. It was really good. It’s called “Absorbed in Quirktorium” and it’s about two elementary girls who get lost in a museum and go on an adventure through the different exhibits. It was meant for children, but the show was still heaps of fun for older people. The crazy colors of the set and lighting really added to the zany characters in the show. The actors were all so into their characters, which also made it fun to watch. I was really impressed by the production.

Once the show was over, I went to the Rocks with Carissa, Andrea, and Kristen. We went to the Hero of Waterloo, which is in one of the oldest buildings in Sydney. It was really impressive to see the stones that the building was made out of and then think about how convicts had carved each of them with hand tools. We all ordered Hero burgers. They were great! One difference between American and Australian hamburgers is that they put beets on hamburgers in Australia. After experiencing some Australian history we decided to go on a walk across the Harbor Bridge. I’m glad that we did. Seeing the city at night from the bridge was a cool experience. It was funny because we would sop every 10 steps it seemed to take pictures. The Harbor Bridge is a very impressive structure, and I can see why it’s a national symbol. On the other side of the bridge we went and walk around part of Luna Park, which is a famous Australian amusement park. I think there was a wedding reception going on because there were tons of people dressed up. Exploring was fun there is so much here to see. One my way back home I went through Circular Quay to catch a bus and ended up running into my roommate, Greg, and the girls that live at the homestay right by my house. Its weird that even though I’m in this big city you still can run into people you know on a frequent basis.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete